UNIL Masters Scholarship 2023 applications are being accepted in Switzerland. International Students from all over the world are welcome to apply for International UNIL Scholarships at the Université de Lausanne. Students who wish to pursue their Master’s Degree in Switzerland are encouraged to apply. This is a Funded Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24.
At the university, there are numerous educational programs available to pursue a Master’s degree with a scholarship. Masters scholarships are merit-based awards given to students who have graduated from a foreign university and have achieved exceptional academic results. Yearly, the university gives out ten awards. Apply For NCTU International Student Scholarships 2023 in Taiwan.
The University of Lausanne, founded in 1537, is Switzerland’s second oldest institute. Over 25,000 national and international students are currently enrolled. The university is ranked 11th in Europe and 41st worldwide. Check Murdoch University RTP Scholarships 2023 in Australia.
UNIL Masters Scholarship 2023 Details
Award Country: Switzerland
University: University of Lausanne
Degree level: Masters
Scholarship coverage: Funded
Eligible Nationality: International
Last Date: 1 November 2022. Also, Check Schwarzman Scholarship Program 2023 (Fully Funded).
UNIL Scholarship 2023 in Switzerland is a partially funded scholarship that will provide CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months per year) for the duration of the master’s program, which could be 1.5 years or 2 years depending on the study program. Candidates are informed that the scholarship award does not cover the cost of living in Switzerland.
Please see the link below to calculate your living expenses in Switzerland (Click Here).
List of Masters Degree Programs
The following is a list of all UNIL Master’s degrees for which students can apply:
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine
- Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice, and Public Administration
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Theology and Sciences of Religions
- Interfaculty Programs
The following programs are not covered by the scholarships:
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (Ph.D. programs)
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
Please keep in mind that only two specialisms for the Master of Law, “international and comparative law” and “legal theory,” are open to applications for Master’s scholarships.
- While applying for the award, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Application form signed and completed
- Insert a passport-sized photograph into the application form (in JPEG format)
- a copy of your high school diploma Any diploma that is not written in French, German, English, or Italian must be certified/notarized.
- Certificate for a Bachelor’s Degree
- If you have not yet obtained your bachelor’s degree, a copy of the program description for the final semester is required.
- CV is being updated
- Application letter
- In sealed envelopes, are two original letters of recommendation from the candidate’s lecturers.
- A copy of the master’s language proficiency certificate is required (TOEFL or IELTS for English and DALF or DELF for French). The minimum level required to complete the course is B2.
- a photocopy of your passport or identification card
- Payment of the CHF 200.00 administrative fee (application processing fee). Also, Read Schwarzman Scholarship Program 2023 (Fully Funded).
To be eligible for the UNIL Masters Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- To have completed a foreign university degree is considered equivalent to a bachelor’s degree at UNIL prior to the start of the master’s program at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, particularly through outstanding academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (on the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or C1 in English, depending on the language in which your chosen master’s degree is taught.
- UNIL registration has not been obtained.
- To have paid the administration fee of CHF 200.00 (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
The deadline for applying to the Université de Lausanne Scholarships 2022-2023 for International Students is November 1st, 2022.
- 1 November: application deadline
- November-December: The Social Affairs and Student Mobility Office (SASME) and the Admissions department process applications (SII)
- December-January: The SASM E notifies candidates whose applications are incomplete or have not been accepted by the admissions department that their scholarship application has been unsuccessful.
- January-February: Completed applications are forwarded to faculties for consideration of eligibility for the selected master’s degrees.
- February-March: Completed applications are forwarded to faculties for review of eligibility for the selected master’s degrees.
- March: The master’s scholarship selection board selects the candidates who will be offered a master’s scholarship.
- Early April: Candidates are notified of the selection committee’s decision.
How to apply for UNIL Masters Scholarship?
To apply for a UNIL Masters Scholarship 2023, you must not apply for admission to the master’s degree through the Admissions Department (SII).
Candidates must send their completed application, unbound (refer to the document “list of documents to attach to your application”), to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The candidate must properly complete and sign the application form on a computer.
The Master’s scholarship application also serves as an application for admission to your preferred master’s program (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
Incomplete applications, particularly those lacking certified copies of the requested academic documents, will be rejected.