Applications are being accepted for the 2023–24 Chevening British Library Fellowship. Candidates with leadership skills are urged to apply if they are interested. British Library and the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office joined forces to create this fully supported fellowship program. Fellowship in the UK offers a one-year professional project-based placement. The enormous library’s collections are available to fellows working on this leadership fellowship. They will also profit from the library staff’s extensive professional knowledge.
One of the best research libraries in the world is called Chevening. It spans 3,500 years, from the earliest written documents to the most recent digital archives, and includes every branch of knowledge in hundreds of languages as the UK’s culturally active research institute. The British Library is home to some of the most important books ever written. This Chevening fellowship offers tremendous learning opportunities for fellows.
Additionally, fellows will get the chance to talk to foreign specialists. So, after reviewing the requirements and eligibility requirements, don’t lose out on this opportunity and apply for the international fellowship. This program must be completed by November 1, 2022. Apply, For KAUST Scholarship for International Students 2023.
Chevening British Library Fellowship Details
Country: United Kingdom
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible Regions: Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Cambodia, China, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand
Deadline: November 1, 2022. Check Koc University Turkish Scholarship 2023 in Turkey (Fully Funded).
The following qualifications must be met in order to be eligible for a Chevening fellowship:
- Candidates cannot be British nationals or have dual British citizenship.
- Candidates must be able to ascend to positions of influence and leadership.
- They ought to be able to prove that they have interpersonal, intellectual, and personal qualities.
- Additionally, they must be nationals of the nations specified in this program.
- Following the completion of the fellowship, applicants must return to their home countries.
- At the time of application, they must have postgraduate degrees (or comparable professional training or experience in a related field).
- They must have extensive experience conducting professional or academic research (at least five years).
- Candidates must be working or enrolled in a Ph.D. program at the time of application. (Ph.D. cannot be from a university in the UK, EU, or the USA);
- Additionally, candidates must demonstrate that they possess at least the required level of English language proficiency for Chevening prizes.
- Additionally, candidates must not currently work for the government (including British embassies and high commissions, the Department for International Trade, the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, the Ministry of Defense, and the Home Office), be a working member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, or have done so within the previous two years since the opening of Chevening applications.
The advantages of a Chevening British Library Fellowship include:
- Candidates will work on projects in the British Library for a full year.
- The fellowship period’s living expenses will be covered by this program.
- offering you a round-trip ticket in economy from your nation to the UK.
- a budget for activities connected with the fellowship.
Fellows will also receive up to $1,000 for authorized project-related expenditures.
- access to a calendar of cultural events and activities that the FCDO and the Chevening Secretariat have prepared.
Themes for the 2023–2024 Chevening British Fellowship
They are providing two placements for the 2023–2024 school year. Fellows will gain experience in strategy and policy work related to a national library through this Chevening program. For each topic, there is only one placement.
- Crowdsourcing for West African Manuscripts
- British Library’s Shan Collections
The application process for Chevening British Library Fellowship is given below.
- By clicking the “apply now” link below, you can access the application form.
- Choose the “Fellowship” award category.
- Choose the appropriate fellowship program.
- Create an account by signing up, logging in, and launching your application.
- The Chevening fellowship application date for 2023–2024 is 1 November 2022.